Rotherham Council have predicted that their plans for Dinnington and Anston will see traffic volumes in our area rise by 20-25% over the next 15 years. This compares to 14% nationally and 8% in the rest of rural Rotherham.
Journey times in some cases could double as 1500 new houses are built and over 15% of new industrial land is built on our greenbelt, all without improvement to the road system.
1. The new A57 route will have to be compromised to allow access to a huge new industrial estate.
2. Swinston Hill will have to be altered to provide road access to approx 160 new homes.
3. Wentworth Way converted to the through road to service 80 new homes.
4. Oldcotes Road and Monksbridge are will need alteration as Throapham doubles in size.
5. South Anston crossroads will require alteration to allow new volumes of traffic from Dinnington to access the A57.