The final chapter of the Local Plan consultation has now begun! Rotherham council have revealed full details of the sites that will see new housing and commercial development over the next 15 years, much of it on our green belt.
Some of the highlights:
1. 240 new homes on fields behind Wentworth Way, Wentworth Way to be converted to a through road to service the development.
2. Hundreds of new homes at Throapham on fields behind Dinno Comp.
3. Miners Welfare ground to be partially sold to housing developers after a secret deal struck by Dinnington Town Council and MP Kevin Barron.
4. New industrial estate on green belt fields near Todwick Crossroads.
5. Pasture land in Anston to be used to housing.
6. Gypsy Camp to be built in South Anston near Kiveton Station.
Have your say on the proposals by clicking here.