RMBC Cabinet have put forward plans to raise Council Tax by approximately 2% for the next year, raising an additional half million or so of revenue.
In other news:
1. Dinnington Town Council up in arms over (proposed) closure of Sure Start centre.
2. Anston Town Council a bit less so, Councillors saying that the centre was not well used and Anston is not a deprived area. Hmmmm!
3. Dinnington Town Council refuse to record a vote of confidence in Dinnington’s relationship with RMBC.
4. Rotherham Council told to build 3000 extra houses, Dinnington’s greenbelt once again in the cross hairs!
5. Rotherham Council refuse to transfer Birkdale Avenue playing field to local ownership, say they want to hold onto the land for commercial reason as it may be used for a housing development.